08 Sep Should You Keep Your Tattoo?
People get tattoos for many reasons. It could be for documenting an experience, for someone you love, for the beautiful art, or maybe just a drunken mistake. Tattoos are permanent works of art but have you second guessing your initial decision? Let’s go through the pros and cons of removing a tattoo.
The Pros of Laser Tattoo Removal
- It’s Non-Invasive. Laser tattoo removal does not require anesthesia or surgery. There is no incision made so there is no bleeding involved. The entire process is very quick with barely any downtime. It won’t put you out of commission for days. In fact, you can go back to your normal routine after each session.
- High Success Rate. Is laser tattoo removal effective in removing tattoos of all kind? You bet! Laser treatment has a very high success rate, in general, including tattoo removal. You might not see the results right away, but the treatment will gradually fade out tattoos permanently.
The Cons of Laser Tattoo Removal
- It is Painful. We can’t say that laser tattoo removal is 100% painless because it’s not. In fact, some patients believe that removing a tattoo is more painful than having it done. The process requires an intense beam of light to pass over the affected area. The light will break down the ink bit by bit until the tattoo gradually fades.
- Risk of Infection. After the non-invasive procedure, the skin becomes inflamed due to the irritation which increases the chance of infection. It is best to apply ointment or Vaseline to the area after the procedure to help with the inflammation.
- Uneven Skin Color. There are also rare cases of uneven color occurring after completing a laser treatment. This happens when the skin pigment reacts with the powerful laser. The exposure to extreme light can trigger melanin production. When this happens, the affected area becomes darker than the surrounding skin. If this occurs, make sure to apply sunblock to the affected area to keep the sensitive skin from darkening even more.
The Bottom Line
In the end, removing the tattoo of an ex-lover’s name or just a late-night mistake is in your best interest. The procedure is non-invasive with little to no recovery time. It is relatively fast and pain varies from patient to patient. Even some patients say that they feel almost nothing during the procedure.
For More Information, Please Contact Ink On Ink Off at…
Phone: (216) 633-7569
Address: 27629 Chagrin Blvd. Woodmere, OH 44122