14 Sep 5 TIPS TO AVOID FUTURE AGE SPOTS
Remember a time when it was popular to lay out in the sun for hours, lathered in baby oil? Sadly, we now see the effects that the sun and improper diets can have on our skin and bodies. Not only do we need to be aware of how to correct age spots and hyperpigmentation, it is just as important that we know how to prevent them from happening in the first place.
1. Start with the easiest and most obvious defense. SUNSCREEN! We all know sunscreen is something we should be applying daily but are you really exercising this well-known fact? Whether we are lying out in the sun or running errands all day, applying sunscreen is important. Put it next to your tooth paste or in your makeup bag so it’s a constant reminder to apply sunscreen! It’s so important I’ll say it one more time- always wear SUNSCREEN! SPF 15- 30 is all you need!
2. Avoiding sun exposure sounds like a drastic solution to prevent skin damage but this does not mean you need to lock yourself in a dark closet for the rest of your life. What we are trying to convey is to be cautious! Factors like type of clothing, time of day and the amount of direct sunlight are factors to considered, especially during summer. If it’s between the hours of 10am- 3pm, protect yourself a little more, wear a hat that covers your face, or wear clothing that doesn’t expose large amounts of skin. Umbrellas are good for both the sun and rain!
3. Simple everyday activities like driving your car can be harmful to your skin if not protected. Sun shining through your windows can be added to your list of harmful sun exposure. Have your windows tinted with UVA Ray protection. Making little adjustments to your life can protect you immensely.
4. Increasing your intake of antioxidants into your diet can help protect you from free radicals. A healthy diet is important for many reasons …… but you know this already…… so just add fruit and veggies to your meal!
5. Get rid of any excess iron in your diet. Stay away (as much as you can) from processed foods. Increase your intake of copper rich foods to help balance your iron intake. Dark Chocolate and shellfish are great starters!
Even if the age spots have already found you- following these simple steps can help prevent new ones from appearing!
**Mention this blog and receive $50 towards your first treatment**
INK ON INK OFF IS A CLINICIAN-LED TATTOO AND SKIN REVITALIZATION CENTER LOCATED IN CLEVELAND, OHIO, SPECIALIZING IN CLINICAL ARTISTRY TATTOO REMOVAL, TATTOO REDESIGN / ALTERATIONS, NEW ARTISTRY, AND SKIN AESTHETICS
Photo Credit: dietdiet.com